Just as the old saying goes everything is better with butter, so too, are the Big Green Egg summer recipes we have picked out for your enjoyment. As your local area Big Green Egg dealer, Archadeck of West Central & Southwest Ohio wants to help you make the most of the time you spend outdoors this season.
The recipes we have chosen to share are simple and hearty. Though each does contain butter, they also integrate some of the garden fresh berries and vegetables that are readily available through your local Dayton area farmer’s markets, or maybe from your own garden!
The Big Green Egg also comes in six convenient sizes to choose from, from the Mini to Xtra large, so there is a model to fit any lifestyle or budget. We also have one of the largest selections of EggCessories in the area. With the outdoor living season in full swing, now is the time to place your order in time to savor all the savory summer recipes that you can prepare on your EGG.
Recipe adapted from Food and Wine
Banner Butter is made with patiently-cultured cream from hormone-free, grass-fed cows with no added flavoring. Banner Butter is available online and at selected locations.
- 6 Tablespoons of Roasted, Garlic, Basil, and Parsley Banner Butter
- ½ cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ears of corn
- Vegetable oil, for the grill
- Kitchen twine
Light your EGG. Set to 400ºF/204ºC. While waiting, take your Roasted Garlic Basil and Parsley Banner Butter out of the fridge to soften and grate ½ cup of parmesan cheese. Pull husks back from each ear of corn and remove silks. Using kitchen string, tie husks together at the end of each ear to form handle. Lightly brush your EGG with oil. Grill corn over a medium/hot flame, turning frequently for about 5 minutes (or partially cooked). Brush with softened Banner Butter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Continue grilling, rotating frequently, and brushing with more butter until corn is a deep brown and tender. Serve with remaining parmesan cheese.
Two summer favorites in one delicious pie.
- ¾ cup sugar
- 6 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp allspice
- 4-5 peeled, sliced fresh peaches
- 1½ cups blueberries
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 2 pie crusts, homemade or store-bought
- Extra sugar and cinnamon for topping
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor at 400°F/204°C.
- Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and allspice together in a large bowl. Gently fold in blueberries and peaches.
- Pour the filling into an uncooked pie crust. Cut the butter into small pieces and distribute evenly over the top of the filling.
- Use the second pie crust to create a lattice and cover the pie. Lightly brush the lattice with one beaten egg. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over the pie.
- Cook at 400°F for 30 minutes; reduce the heat to 375°F for an additional 25 minutes.
- Let the pie set for about 4 hours before eating. Enjoy!
The Big Green Egg is the most versatile barbecue and outdoor cooking product on the market. Eggs offer more capabilities than all other conventional cookers combined. The Egg is capable of cooking an entire meal, from the appetizers and bread, main course and even dessert!
Contact us today to learn more at (513) 897–2040 or (937) 848-7040 to schedule an appointment to visit our showroom or email us email@example.com.