In recent years, the popularity of the “outdoor room” setting has soared. An outdoor room is defined as any outdoor space that can provide a relaxed setting reminiscent of the comforts found within most interior living or family rooms. Covered porches, screened porches, sunrooms, and three and four season rooms are great examples of sheltered outdoor rooms that extend living spaces and the hours of leisure at home.
The benefits of having a comfortable outdoor room are endless if you plan well and design your outdoor space to function effortlessly day or night for the way you want to live outside. We here at Archadeck of West Central and Southwest Ohio use our planning and design process with a single goal in mind…designing and building custom outdoor living spaces which will bring enjoyment and pride for many years to come!
To assist in the design phase, Archadeck has created a simple yet valuable tool to help homeowners ignite their imaginations and define their preferences and function needs for the perfect outdoor living space. It’s called the Archadeck Outdoor Living Design Guide and you can download it free by visiting http://www.archadeck.com/guide/index.html.
For homes in the Miami Valley and surrounding areas, outdoor rooms are the perfect solution to enjoy your backyard during rain and inclement weather (of which we have certainly had more than our fair share of this season) while also escaping the humidity and heat. Of course keeping mosquitoes at bay and having a place to enjoy without being interrupted by wet weather is a huge plus as well.
As a natural extension of your home’s footprint, an outdoor room significantly expands your living and entertaining space, providing a perfect gathering spot for guests and family who will be drawn from indoor areas to this enticing space. With so many covered space options we invite you to explore the benefits of each of these wonderful outdoor structures in order to help you gain better knowledge of which space would best suit your family’s backyard needs.
- The Covered Porch – Also referred to as “open porches” because they are protected from sun and unpredictable summer rainstorms, the covered porch offers the benefit of circulating fresh air with the bonus of a roof that provides shelter from the elements.
- The Screened Porch – Giving you all the benefits of a covered porch plus one additional big benefit…protection from bugs! Keeping insects such as mosquitoes out of your outdoor living space is a huge benefit of having a screened porch. Keeping the bugs at bay will enable you to enjoy your porch late into the night without worry of being outside at the same time as mosquitoes.
- The Three-Season Room – Sturdier than your average screened in porch or enclosed deck, a three season room addition is a good option for homeowners who want to enjoy outdoor living in style but don’t need the living space available all year long. For the windows, we use single-pane glass windows or the Eze-Breeze porch enclosure system (the best of both worlds, screen when you want it, or a more enclosed “windowed” room when you want it too) for unfettered use of the space in spring, summer and fall.
- The Sunroom – Sometimes referred to as four season room, all-season or year round room, this option is integrated into the construction of your home, existing roof line and exterior. For ultimate climate control, we install insulated glass windows and insulation in the roof, floors and walls, for use of the room year-round.
No matter which type you choose, an outdoor room will maximize the time you can enjoy the space as well as provide added comfort and protection while outdoors. Plus, any time you add usable, livable space to your home, you add value. There is no end to the amount of style, versatility and comfort a new outdoor room by Archadeck of West Central and Southwest Ohio can add to your home and it’s not too late to start planning for next year, next season and beyond. We specialize in custom designed and built decks, patios, sunrooms, pergolas, three and four season rooms and outdoor living combinations throughout the Miami Valley and surrounding area.
Our professional and talented staff members are experts at helping homeowners, like you, get the most out of each season with an outdoor structure custom designed and built for your enjoyment. Contact us today to learn more, our consultation is free but the benefits are priceless! Call us at (937) 848 – 7040 or
(513) 897 – 2040 or via email at email@example.com